Astrology of the Soul
by Linda Brady
It is Just Not Fair
Once again I am writing an article under retrograding Mercury. This time it is journeying through the sign of Virgo. A retrograding Mercury occurs three times a year for 3 weeks. In my mind it is not just a time of communication and transportation mishaps, it is a time to review, reflect and resolve life issues that need more attention. This retrograde is particularly important because it is opposing Uranus in Pisces. I believe that is significant because the review, reflect and resolve aspect of this retrograding Mercury is not just a three week event it has been expanded to incorporate the entire 2,000 years of the Age of Pisces. I have seen the impact of this aspect for weeks now. Clients and students who have been actively pursuing psychological and spiritual health have been feeling lost, confused, angry and sad. They believed that after years of work they should not have had to revisit these old attitudes and beliefs. Some have told me that they have lost their vision and their connection with their Soul. When queried, they have told me that they feel that life is unfair and no matter what they have done their life is not what they have envisioned and they feel” it is just not worth it”. This is hard to hear and even more difficult to debate. My mission is to inspire my clients and students; to help them become all of what they want to be. Many of these people have been working with me for years. Have I failed them? More importantly, what can I do to help them alter their attitudes and old beliefs that are keeping them stuck…?
Review, Reflect and Resolve on Steroids
The retrograding Mercury in Virgo is opposing Uranus in Pisces, which recently retrograded back into Pisces from Aries. Oppositions create opportunities to find balance and harmony. How do we find that level of integration with 2,000 years of extremistic, sacrificial Pisces thinking? Review, reflect and resolve is the answer on a major level. This article is a snap shot of what I have been saying to my clients. It may sound familiar to you and it should. I have written about all of this before. I would suggest that you download all of my articles that have been archived to give you more information. I am now providing you an opportunity to review, reflect and resolve issues in your own life.
Uranus in Pisces Revisited
I know that conflict brings confusion which can ultimately lead to insight. I believe that our feelings of fear, shame, anger and grief provide us a chance to find the old beliefs that have kept us stuck for lifetimes. We would not be catalyzed to discover more information if we were not emotional upset and uncomfortable. I also believe that emotions trump intellect so merely intellectually understanding our beliefs does not cause us to take action and to make changes. We need to identify and feel the emotions that have created the beliefs in the first place. Uranus moved into Pisces in 2003 and it was then that my husband Michael and I discriminated emotions as either contaminated or natural. Uranus retrograded back into Pisces on August 16, 2010 and will stay in Pisces until March 13, 2011. We have six months to utilize this energy and resolve old contaminated feelings from our 2,000 years worth of history. Contaminated feelings come from the past, whether in this life or other lives. They come from our karmic memories of past suffering, betrayals and shame. They come from early childhood memories buried deep in our unconscious. The unconsciousness of these emotions makes them chaotic and unexpected, much like the external water events that Uranus in Pisces has wrought… Our mission then and now was to examine these contaminated emotions and resolve them. As I have often said the most important message from Uranus in Pisces is to create freedom and independence from any old emotional Piscean beliefs that keep us in unconsciousness and suffering. Clearing our contaminated emotions requires work. It is worth it. Discovering our past life fears, shame and anger immediately makes them conscious. Consciousness brings the possibility of illumination, choice and change. We have spent 2,000 years in this Age of Pisces and Uranus in Pisces has moved us through the ends of it. Uranus creates an opportunity to create freedom and independence of previously held beliefs that would enslave or bless us. Soon Uranus will end its journey through Pisces. I suggest that we do whatever we need to do to be done with the old age by reframing old beliefs into new Aquarian truths.
My Pisces Story
My personal Mercury retrograde in Virgo brought me face to face with a deeper understanding of my little inner child… I have a Moon in Pisces and a little inner child that was raised in a Christian home. She was taught to give more than she received. She learned that other people’s needs were more important than her own. She was applauded for acts of sacrifice and chided when she appeared too selfish. Her early childhood foundations were steeped in a philosophy that good things happen to good people when they love Jesus. She was very disappointed when people were not responding to my e-mails concerning a workshop and class that I was organizing. She was angry and sad and felt that we (my adult self and her) were being treated unfairly.
The feelings escalated into tears and then into declarations that Jesus did not love us and we must be doing something wrong for all of these bad things to happen. My inner child contains my old emotional Pisces beliefs. Her responses to a trivial event came from old, contaminated beliefs. To her, good things should be happening if we do it ‘RIGHT”. My challenge is to help that young, emotionally vulnerable side of me see things a bit differently. The following bullet points are helping me guide my child into a better, more balanced view of Pisces. I hope that they will help you too.
The Age of Pisces Transformed
• Christ is the archetype of sacrifice and redemption. / Christ is the archetype of love, forgiveness and compassion.
• We must emulate Him, therefore we must be martyrs and victims / we are free to emulate him and live a life of love and grace.
• Christ is perfect; therefore we must strive for perfection. / Christ symbolizes the perfection of God and has told us that the kingdom of God lies with us, therefore that piece of us is perfect.
• We are sinful and filled with guilt. Our journey is to be redeemed through penance and sacrifice / we have committed actions that have caused others pain and we have the ability to ask and receive forgiveness…
• God exists outside of us. We are basically inadequate and child like and need an external God to guide us and take care of us. / God lives inside of us and we are empowered by His presence and energy…
• The spiritual plain is more desirable than the material plane, so earthly pleasures are to be renounced for more spiritual pursuits./ My spirit dwells within my earthly body and walks the earth that I honor and love, therefore I need to integrate spiritual and earthly values
• Heaven (good) and Hell (evil) are the only choices of our earthly experience; therefore all important decisions also exist in an extreme right/wrong paradigm (The other side welcomes all souls to learn, grow and find karmic balance in future lives; therefore we have many creative opportunities.
• Love conquers all so we must never be self centered and love ourselves first. / Loving our heart and soul is akin to loving God and provides us the compassion to help others
• Humility and compassion are morally correct so we must always turn the other cheek. / Loving ourselves means that we honor and respect ourselves and maintain good boundaries that others may not cross.
• Religious authorities represent God’s word on earth and must never be challenged / God’s words come through our Souls into our hearts and if we listen it will become our truth.
copyright 2010 Linda Brady
I am honored to be writing a monthly column for Spirit Crossing. If you have any questions or comments about this or any column I write, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
Linda Brady is an internationally recognized author, teacher and karmic astrologer with over thirty years in practice. She is the President of Creative Choices, Inc. Her first book, “Discovering Your Soul Mission: How to Create the Life You Want” was published in November of 1998 by Random House and has been reproduced in four languages. Linda’s second book, “No More Goodbyes – A True Story” was released in March of 2004. Linda has a Master’s degree in education from Southern Illinois University. Her web site is